Flower Farming Field Notes
DIY Mini Wreath Kit Instructions
These DIY mini wreath kits are fun and easy to make. They can be enjoyed on their own, used as ornaments, holiday place markers at the dinner table for guests, or to dress up a wine bottle neck when gifting. Follow along with the instructional photos below to make your own. Each kit is unique, so let your creativity bloom and have fun!
1. Attach the wire to the grapevine wreath by looping it over the wreath and twisting the wire 3 times.
2. Once the wire is attached to the wreath, wrap it around the wreath counter clockwise, two or three times to secure it in place.
3. Now that you have your wire attached to the wreath, collect a few of the greens in a 3 to 4 inch long bunch as shown below. You may need to trim some to size.
4. Lay the bunch of greens on the wreath with the tips of the greens facing right. The end of the bunch where you are holding it should be placed directly on top of where the wire meets the wreath, covering the wire.
5. Holding the greens in place, wrap the wire around the greens and wreath counter clockwise to secure them in place. Continue to add bunches of greens: lay the second bunch on top of the first bunch so that it covers the wire, secure it to the wreath with the wire, moving counter clockwise with each bunch until you have 3-4" of wire left.
6. Flip over the wreath, greens side down to reveal the back of the wreath. Pull the wire tight and place a small bend in the end of the wire.
7. Insert the bent wire end under the wrapped wire on the grapevine wreath and pull through, repeating this 3 times until the wire is locked into place. If you have any extra wire at this point it can be clipped off or tucked into the back of the wreath.
8. Flip the wreath back over (greens facing toward you). Now you are ready to add your dried flowers.
9. There are 10 glue tabs included with your wreath kit. Pull one tab off of the included sheet keeping the small square of white paper in place. Lay the tab on the wreath, sticky side down, where you would like to adhere a dried flower. Press firmly, then peel off the small white paper square.
10. The glue should now be in place and ready for you to attach a flower.
11. Repeat step 9 until all of your flowers are in place where you would like them.
12. Tie the ribbon in place to finish the wreath. At this point you have completed your wreath and can add a hook to place on your tree, or simply sit back and admire your work!